Threw my husband a surprise Southern BBQ themed birthday party last weekend. 🙂 Lots of pulled pork, brisket, ribs, coleslaw, corn, roasted veggies, mac n cheese! I wasn’t sure what to send the guests home with .. but I knew it had to be something a bit reminiscent of where my husband is from. That’s when I remembered receiving these delicious North Carolina Praline Pecans from our sweet niece and nephew. Brilliant!
But no way was I going to purchase tins and tins of them ready-made for 30 people! I purchased some cute 1/2 pint Mason Jars, Raffia Ribbon, green textured paper and scoured the internet for some recipes. After taking a few bits and pieces from here and there, here’s the recipe that found its way into those jars:
350C (some recipes I looked up say to cook them at 300C.. but I accidentally set mine to 350C and it worked out fine)
4c pecans halves
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla
1/4c brown sugar
1/4c white sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1. Beat egg white and vanilla until foamy.
2. Add pecans and coat with egg white.
3. Add sugars and salt (pre-mixed together!) and coat.
4. Pop in the over for 25-30minutes on a baking sheet.
– Line baking sheet with parchment so there’s no super stickage.
– About halfway through cooking, stir the pecans so they don’t burn or stick.
– Let them cool so they’ll crunch up before eating.
– Add cinnamon to make them holiday-ey for Christmastime. 🙂
(BTW, I know the tag says “North Carolina” but its a lie — I bought pecans from Costco and they’re from Mexico).
2 Comments Add yours
Thank you for the great party! It was awesome and the pecan treats were amazing 🙂
Sounds like a great idea (and a success)!